Think you’re a cut above the rest?
Not afraid to get out there and pound the pavement? Is your work ethic rock solid? We would like to cement a relationship with you.
Why should you want to work for us?
- Location location location: Where do you live now? Nebraska? Kansas? Indiana? We’ve heard it’s cold there. Have you been to California? We have sunshine. And beaches. And palm trees. And celebrities. We think it’s about time you relocated.
- We actually care about our people. There are benefits to working here. Literally! See the bulleted list down toward the end of the posting—it’ll tell you all about it.
- You get a salary PLUS commission. And vacation time and paid holidays to hobnob with all the celebrities.
- We have personality. Can you tell?
WANTED: Senior Sales Consultant/Pavement Pusher
The Deets (where we get serious):
As a Senior Sales Consultant, your primary responsibilities will be to create project specifications, estimate the cost of the project, negotiate the price, obtain signed contracts, schedule your projects with our Operations Team and act as primary project manager for your projects. You will also be your customers’ primary contact both during and after construction.
Your experience in the industry will be counted on to develop existing relationships and to identify new prospects to help build overall sales and drive growth for our company. Effective prospecting will be key to your success and proven experience here is a must.
Things You’ll Do (Essential Functions)
- Build account base by effective prospecting in our target markets
- Create cost-competitive solutions for our customers
- Be an expert resource for your accounts by creating “value add” solutions that take into account the needs and desires of your customers
- Act as the primary contact for your accounts before, during and after the sale
- Continue to build your technical expertise in all areas of pavement and concrete maintenance
Other Things You’ll Do
- Maintain a professional attitude with your managers, co-workers, suppliers, subcontractors, customers and the public. Remember that you are a representative of Black Diamond Paving.
- Maintain acceptable Class C driver’s license at all times.
- Be available to work off-hours and out of town when necessary.
- Work drug and alcohol free at all times, and agree to sign our company drug and alcohol policy.
Things We’re Looking For (Qualifications)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from accredited college, preferably in the field of Business or Marketing; or five to ten years of related experience in similar positions or equivalent combination of education and experience in service related industries.
- Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as construction documents (site plans, specifications, etc.). Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Problem solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Computer Skills: To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, project management software, e-mail software and the use of the Internet.
Things You’ll Get (Benefits)
We know you just skipped straight to this section. It’s okay—this is the good stuff. If you sign on to work with Black Diamond Paving, not only will you get to spend every day with an amazing, talented, supportive group of people, you’ll also get the following:
- Salary + Commission (commission based on gross profit margin of completed projects)
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Company-Provided Life Insurance Policy
- Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Cell Phone with Voicemail (for business and incidental personal use)
- Company Vehicle for Business Use
- Company Fuel Card for Business Use
Things We Need (How to Apply)
Introduction Letter: Tell us about yourself and why you think this is the right opportunity for you. Have you dreamt of working for a paving company since you were a wee tot? Could you sell a snowball to an Eskimo? Do you just want to move to a warm, shiney climate at absolutely any cost? Tell us about it!
Resumes are great, but BORING. We want to get to know you and what you’re looking for. We want to see how artistic, creative, diligent, hardworking, and persistent you are. Be as creative and extensive as you like, but DO NOT just send a standard resume. Be unique, be different, be someone we can’t afford to be without.
Send this stuff to email@example.com.
Things We Are (About Black Diamond Paving)
Our Philosophy: We learned paving from the ground up, then we started a business. What we started was not simply another paving company, but a business that was run so efficiently, so passionately, that customers would come to expect more…and get it. We expanded on this premise and made some inventive hiring decisions. Our people had to be smart. They had to be able to visualize a project from the client’s point of view so they could understand, empathize with, the people we serve. And they had to bring an intense desire for excellence with them. We are professional business people from different backgrounds whose common goal is to provide the best possible customer experience.
Our Customers: We serve a variety of market segments including; Property Managers, Home Owner’s Associations, Apartments, Retail, Commercial-Industrial and General Contractors.
- ADA Compliance and Upgrades
- Asphalt Overlays
- Concrete Repair
- Crack Sealing
- Infrared Paving
- Patch Paving
- Preventative Maintenance
We’re looking for a rockstar: a sales professional who can help grow our company to the next level. We’ve increased our sales substantially in the last three years and we need someone special to help us keep climbing that ladder. If you’re that someone—our special rockstar—we’d love to talk to you about the opportunity of joining our team.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.