Position: Concrete Superintendent
Reports to: Operations Director
This individual must possess not only outstanding technical skills, but the desire to learn and grow professionally, along with the ability to see the “big picture”, and most important, the desire to perform as a member of a team. The ideal candidate will be honest, confident, positive, and enthusiastic about building a successful team.
- Oversee and supervise daily operations of one of our Concrete Crews including the safety, quality, and personnel management aspects.
- Work closely with all concrete Foreman and our Operations team.
- Help schedule work for concrete crews with direction from our Operations Team.
- Applicant should possess excellent communication, leadership and management skills.
- Must be able to accept out of town work and/or occasional weekend work.
- Ability to manage field operations required.
- Ability to supervise other company trades (paving & sealcoating) and willingness to perform various trades as necessary.
- Must be able to walk through construction sites and lift 50 pounds from the ground.
- Support of safety & health programs, including daily tailgate meetings, accident investigations, and development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Enforcement of all safety & environmental policies, and all applicable OSHA rules and regulations.
- Provide guidance and development of hourly personnel to meet performance requirements.
This position requires the ability to operate concrete construction equipment, as well as:
- 8+ years experience in the concrete trades.
- Must have supervisory skills handling crews ranging from 6-10 people.
- Must maintain high quality workmanship.
- Must be capable and proficient interacting with concrete plants.
- Must be capable and proficient interacting with trucking subcontractors and other miscellaneous subs.
- Ability to pass drug test and physical.
- Clean driving record/valid drivers’ license (Class A license a plus).
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.