Position: Paving Foreman
Reports to: Operations Director
We are seeking a motivated, high energy Paving Forman for our Hayward, California office. We are a non-union company that offers excellent benefits in an environment that encourages continuous learning and opportunities for professional advancement.
- Oversee and supervise daily operations of one of our Asphalt Paving Crews including the safety, quality, and personnel management aspects.
- Schedule work for paving crews with direction from our Operations Team.
- Applicant should possess excellent communication, leadership and management skills.
- Must be able to accept out of town work and/or occasional weekend work
- Ability to manage field operations required.
- Ability to supervise other company trades (concrete & sealcoating) and willingness to perform various trades as necessary.
- Must be able to walk through construction sites and lift 50 pounds from the ground.
- Support of safety & health programs, including daily tailgate meetings, accident investigations, and development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Enforcement of all safety & environmental policies, and all applicable OSHA rules and regulations.
- Provide guidance and development of hourly personnel to meet performance requirements.
The Paving Foreman position requires the ability to operate the following construction equipment; Skip Loader, Skid-steer, Back Hoe, Vibratory Compactor, Compressor with Jackhammer, Jumping Jack & Plate Tamp.
- Experience with Paving Roadways, Parking Lots and Repair & Maintenance projects.
- Must have supervisory skills handling crews ranging from 6-10 people.
- Must maintain high quality workmanship.
- Must be capable and proficient interacting with asphalt plants—ability to achieve accurate AC cut-offs.
- Must be capable and proficient interacting with trucking subcontractors and other miscellaneous subs.
- Ability to travel for work during the week or weekend when needed.
- Able to work weekends when needed.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Paving Foreman.
- Ability to pass drug test and physical.
- Clean driving record/valid drivers’ license (Class A license a plus).
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.