Position: Project Estimator
Reports to: Sales Manager
We are looking for an experienced Construction Estimator to support a team of Sales Project Consultants. This position would be responsible for preparing estimates and proposal generation for paving, seal coating, concrete, and striping maintenance repair work. We specialize in the HOA, Commercial, Retail and Industrial sectors.
We need an excellent communicator who is experienced in construction estimation, is team-oriented, self-directed, and is a hands-on professional who is comfortable working in an office environment and in the field.
- Assessing the project scope, studying plans and phasing notes, gathering information and requirements from the Sales team, identifying and projecting costs, creating an estimates and proposal drafts.
- Maintain cost and pricing templates by updating information.
- Create expectations for Project Consultants/Sales team to provide best information for consistent, accurate and error-free proposals.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize information and trends. Help team to improve project win rates.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain continuity on work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through related coursework and certification.
- Collaborate/coordinate with Project Consultants/Sales, Operations and Administrative Assistants to ensure project specifications are understood.
- Obtain quotes from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials, helping to identify qualified subcontractors and negotiating price as required.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to capacity.
- Provide guidance and coach team members as required.
- Work safely when in the field and comply with all health, safety and environmental standards.
- Proven experience as construction project estimator.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Construction Management, PMP certification or other relevant field is desired but not required.
- Good knowledge of MS Office & CRM experience is preferred.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.