PACHECO VILLAS HOA- SEALCOAT PROJECT
ALL PARKING & ROADS REMAIN CLOSED – DRY TIME DELAY
Roads Expected to Open to vehicles – WEDNESDAY 10/2 by 11:00 am
Due to colder than normal temperatures, sections of the road remain wet and have not fully dried or cured. Sections particularly in shaded areas are still wet. Although we are keeping the roads closed to vehicle traffic, you may walk on the asphalt where the surface has the appearance of dry. Wet areas will have a gloss finish. Please do your best to remain on the concrete surfaces to avoid stepping in wet seal.
Please Read This Notice Completely – IMPORTANT!!!
Announcing Parking and Traffic Limitations for Street Repair at Pacheco Villa
The last and final stage of road repair will be Monday September 30th.
This will be more inconvenient than the last repairs. The ENTIRE 2 roads Clay Court and Grass Court will be closed for 24 hours with no driving and no parking anywhere in the complex. Every inch of the roads will be resealed.
This means you must leave all cars outside the complex somewhere at the bottom of the hill. Last time, the Association secured extra overnight parking for our tenants at the Office Complex at 201 Alameda Del Prado from 6pm to 8am the following morning. Hopefully, this parking will be available again.
Mark your calendars: Do not plan to visit Costco that day. You don’t want to lug things up the hill if you don’t have to. See if you can leave early for work, and have breakfast out. Try to get home early, so you can snag a good parking spot at the bottom of the hill. The later in the evening, the more spots will be taken.
Watch your shoes: Before you enter the apartment, it would be best to take off your shoes. Your shoes might pick up pieces of loose tar on their soles. Take them out to the deck and smack them together a few times over the railing. This might knock off any tar. Women, obviously, this is not a day for wearing your expensive designer shoes.
For mothers with small children: This is a big hill to walk, and in many places there are no sidewalks. If I had a small child, I would reschedule all appointments, so that I did not have to take my child anywhere that day.
Vacations: What if you have a planned vacation during this time? I think we will need to move your cars out of the assigned carport spaces for those 24 hours, while you are away! I can pay a trusted person to move your car(s) for you, if you leave your keys. Perhaps one of your neighbors in this same building can do it for you. Please contact me about this!
We understand that this will be a tough project and an inconvenience for some, however, this is the first time in 40 years that the road has been repaired. It was way overdue.
– Board of Directors
Monday September 30th – One Full Day 24-Hour Closure. Everyone needing to use their car during this day will need to park at the very bottom of the hill in a legal parking space on the public streets outside of the complex, on lower Clay Court and Alameda del Prado. This will necessitate a walk uphill to apartments.
Parking and Road Closed signs with dates and times will be posted within the community on September 23rd. Vehicles violating posted signs & barricades on the project dates WILL BE TOWED at the vehicle owner’s expense.
- Roads will close at 7:30am – This means ALL CARS MUST BE OUT OF THE COMMUNITY by this time. The crew will begin cleaning the entire asphalt using high power blowers to clear loose debris and soil. The surface treatment is expected to be completed by 4:00 pm that afternoon. The crew will barricade the roads and leave them closed overnight to allow the seal to dry. A second crew will arrive to re-stripe & re-paint the parking stalls and ground marking that afternoon or early the following morning (depending on how the material cures).
BEFORE THE WORK BEGINS
- Move your vehicles out of the community the night before work starts.
- Plan Ahead for Limited Access – Suggestions: Get groceries & medications – Inform any guests, vendors, and deliveries that the roads are closed – Get kids out the door a bit earlier to school and expect delays. DO NOT GET STUCK!
- All Roads & Parking Areas Will Be Closed to all vehicle traffic once crews arrive.
- Any vehicles left parked on the roadways or in parking areas after 7:30am Will Be Towed at Owner’s Expense with no additional warning or exception.
- Keep All Doors and Windows Shut – The cleaning process will generate dust as we will be using high power blowers to prepare the asphalt surface prior to the sealcoat application. If you are concerned about your cars getting dusty, please make sure to either relocate it away from the work area away. The HOA nor its contractors will be responsible for washing cars or other personal property.
AFTER THE WORK BEGINS
WHEN CAN YOU WALK ON IT?
DO NOT walk on the asphalt while the material is wet!!! Sealcoat is similar to paint, it has a shiny appearance when wet and a matte appearance when dry. Once it is matte, it will be safe to walk on. However, do this at your own risk, use caution and watch for wet spots especially in shady areas. Damage to your shoes or the sealcoat is possible and costly to repair.
- Be very careful – walking through the work area may cause you to track wet sealcoat over concrete, into your homes, and cannot be removed. Check your shoes and proceed with caution. Black Diamond Paving, The Association or its Property Management Company will not be liable for any personal property damage, dust on vehicles & homes due to the nature of the work, or tracking of materials inside or outside of homes.
- Residents attempting to drive in or out after the roads have been barricaded will be stopped and not allowed to proceed, if any damage to the road has occurred, it will be documented, and the resident will be responsible for any repairs needed – No Exception Residents who are found to have damaged the sealcoat by either walking or driving through it before the roads are officially open will be charged $1,200 for the damage caused to the newly sealed streets
- If USPS mail is not delivered (This is likely) Mail can typically be picked up at the local post office. FEDEX & UPS deliveries may be delayed until the roads are re-opened. The decision to delay mail and packages is at the sole discretion of the delivery service.
AFTER THE PROJECT IS COMPLETED
- Scuffing of the new seal from vehicles (like “K”-turn areas) is normal and will occur for 6-8 weeks. Over time, these marks will mend and will hardly be noticed. This is especially true on warmer days! We know it can look a bit ugly at first, No worries, they will go away.
For additional clarity, you may contact Alex with Black Diamond Paving at (510) 789 – 3044 (during normal business hours)
Please note that Black Diamond Paving nor the Property Manager will be able to tell you where to relocate and park your vehicles.